I have been a fan of the series since the beginning, but I never felt I could actually portray how much I like Korra and I find her such a beautiful and powerful character, so any fanart was out of question…but lately I’ve been so much in fangirling mood (let’s talk about the book 3 finale), I just had to throw something out of my head PLUS the book 4 is already around the corner and I’m so not ready orz…
Let’s talk about how Suyin is the badass mother the Avatar franchise has been needing since forever:
- great mother, has on-screen relationships with her children, but she’s not silent or saintly, nor is she defined/limited to that role.
- she’s an important character of her own, with a prominent role outside her family and has relationships with many characters.
- her involvement far exceeds that of her husband in everything
- she’s a political leader and authority figure, and she gets to be involved in active decision making
- she’s KICKASS as a fighter and bender,
like… Su’s what we’ve been waiting for since ATLA, we need more mothers like her just, yes please.
The AVATAR STATE is a defense mechanism designed to empower you with the skills and knowledge of all the past Avatars. The glow is the combination of all your past lives, focusing their energy through your body. In the AVATAR STATE, you are at your most powerful, but you are also at your most vulnerable. If you are killed in the AVATAR STATE, the reincarnation cycle will be b r o k e n and the Avatar will cease to exist.
Remember the “cue from a scene from an episode from a season” thing that Jeremy Zuckerman released? Yeah, imagine that being from the scene where Korra decides to cut her hair. In the beginning she’s just lying in her bed thinking and then sits up and then 0:23 is where she gets a determined face and she gets out of bed and starts slowly limping to the mirror and gets scissors and then at 0:44 is when she actually does it and the music lightens and gets all happy and I’m not crying, you’re crying.
Consider Korra teaching Asami the fireman’s carry, perhaps? I don’t know, bevsi made a really cute drawing, which inspired this one!
k o r r a